Hi, I had a user who had some problems with his Blackberry 8700 In our ... Server Admins forum

mrjules75 no está en línea Stack level 1

restored emails wont delete on Blackberry 8700

Advertisement

Hi,
    I had a user who had some problems with his Blackberry 8700 In our BES for exchange environment. We got him a new 8700, used desktop manager to backup his messages and restored them to his new device. Now it seems that he cannot delete the restored emails on his new device(they have since been deleted from outlook\exchange). I have read the knowledge bases on deleted databases via desktop manager, but all we need to do is to get the items to resync (and be deletable). How can I accomplish this?

Thank You

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: restored emails wont delete on Blackberry 8700

One of our members has suggested doing a selective back and restore up of the email Messages database in the DM Backup/Restore Advanced feature. They say that after performing this they can then delete the messages that can't be deleted.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Also see here... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...elete+messages

If Rcb''s explanation doesnt work at least you have a second option that you could try.

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

First, backup the handheld.
    1. Connect your handheld to your personal computer.
    2. Open Desktop Manager and double-click Backup and Restore. The Backup and Restore window appears.
    3. Click the Backup button. You are prompted to save the backup file in a folder. Save it where you can access it later.
    4. Click Save. The data process completes.
    Next, clear the handheld message database.
    1. In the Backup and Restore window, click the Advanced button. A window opens with two lists - the Desktop File Databases list, and the Handheld Databases list.
    2. In the Handheld Databases list, highlight the Messages database. Click Clear.
    3. You are prompted with a warning message. Click OK to continue. The database is erased from your handheld.
    Finally, restore the handheld message database.
    1. In the same window with the databases lists, in the File menu, select Open.
    2. Go to the location where you saved your handheld backup, and click Open.
    3. In the Desktop File Databases list, highlight Messages. Click on the arrow pointing towards the Handheld Databases list.
    4. You are prompted with a warning message. Click OK to continue. The message database is restored to your handheld.
    5. Click Close > Close to return to Desktop Manager. You are now able to delete unwanted messages from your handheld.
    OR

Perform a security wipe of the BlackBerry:
    1. Backup the data on the handheld.
    2. Go to the Options menu.
    3. Go to Security OptionsPress in the trackwheel and select Wipe Handheld. You must enter the word blackberry to continue the process. Note: BlackBerry wireless handhelds with handheld software of 3.6 or earlier does not have this option and will need to enable a security password and enter it incorrectly 10 times.
    4. Restore the data on the handheld.
    5. Delete the messages again.

mtodd no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried to follow the process described for backing up and then restoring the messages in order to get rid of emails that I cannot delete, but on my system, I do not see any "Messages" item on the handheld database restore screen. I have Pearl - is the desktop software different? The only items that I see for backup/restore on the list are
    1) Handheld agent (greyed out)
    2) Policy
    3) Random Pool.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

mtodd, Welcome to PinStack.

Are you on a BES? This may have something to do with what items you can back up and restore. I don't know enough about BES to help.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles