I have a user who ran out of memory on their phone (8320) and started ... Server Admins forum

jdavila no está en línea Stack level 1

Question resend lost email

Advertisement

I have a user who ran out of memory on their phone (8320) and started losing email from the device, after notifying us, we noticed that the memory was down to 0 so we walked her through on clearing up some junk and closing apps that were open in the backround. after we cleard the memory then the phone was working fine. This user is traveling for the remainder of the week and asked that she get back the email that was lost on her device, so my question is, is it possible to get back the email to her phone, other than forwarding the email one by one. there are 3 days worth of email that she wants back. please let me know.

thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    I have not found a way to get around this. Once it's been sent through the servers, and received by the device and deleted by the device it is no longer available. All the emails will need to be resent.

Unless a BES expert knows of a way, I myself don't think there is a way

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    I remember doing this on 3.* quite awhile ago but don't know if it works on newer BES versions....anyways create a temp folder and move the emails you want on the BB into the folder, after this is complete move them back into the inbox, BES should then do it. But as I said before I don't know if this "hack" still works Best of luck...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thanks I'll try that

it didnt work

ecnavt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32caaed1
    Try removing the user from your BES the re-adding. Have them go through an Enterprise Activation. This -should- populate with the last 5 days or 200 messages. These are the defaults.