Hi All! I've got a user that accidentally deleted all his messages (delete prior - ... Server Admins forum

ahages no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    251D1772

Question Repopulate device

Advertisement

Hi All!

I've got a user that accidentally deleted all his messages (delete prior - handheld only) on his Blackberry.

As he still has all the messages in his inbox he is keen to get them back to his Blackberry. Are there any good ways about this as I am unable to find any built in to the BES 4.1 Enterprise Manager.

Regards and thanks for any pointers.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I don't really understand the question. He still has his emails on his desktop but he wants to put the deleted ones back on his phone or he wants his SMS messages back? What are you looking to put back on the phone?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

ahages no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    251D1772
    Sorry he wants to put his emails back onto his Blackberry. He deleted prior on the Blackberry by an accident and want the emails back in again. Thanks and sorry about the ambigiuos description.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    If he has done a recent back-up, he can restore his messages that way. Or, delete the [Desktop]CMIME service book from the device, resend the service books and see if that resends all his emails.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Nico57 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't think it will.

You need to trigger the message pre-population that only occurs when activating a new PIN.
    So if you have an extra BB available, I guess you could activate your user on this one, then activate him back on his device.

null no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2542fb65
    What mail system are your company is using?

We are using Lotus Domino mail server, if the user accidentally delete or the email messages has been automatically deleted due to cache issue we usually told the users to cut and paste the messages on their mail client inbox and it will re-populate the device with the messages.

Prior delete, will only delete messages on the device even the settings for your delete on under email reconciliation is set to Mailbox and Handheld. Do the cut and past, that will do the trick.