Does anybody know if there is a way to remove/disable Menu items from Blackberry Bold ... Server Admins forum

danhennessy no está en línea Stack level 1

Removing menu items by IT Policy

Does anybody know if there is a way to remove/disable Menu items from Blackberry Bold via the BES?

We would like to remove items via preferably IT policy, or ideally remove menu items and applications etc manually when setting up the BB but also lock the menu so that users cannnot add or remove items.

We have managed to disable the camera etc and blackberry Messenger etc, but the items remain on the menu.

Please let me know if anyone can shed any light on this1

many thanks Dan

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    Are you trying to lock it down and remove the option to even know it exsists? I know you can pretty much lock down everything on the BB, but you will still see the option for it. It just may be greyed out, or have a * beside it, letting you know it can not be changed.

I don't believe you can hide things in Menu's, other then the icons or the entire piece of software.

What else are you trying to disable that you are having trouble with?

BBJedi no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just went through ALL policy options on BES 4.1.6 MR2 and nothing found re icon hiding. Only the option to disable the applications you already mentioned.

I guess your only option would be to knock them out at setup time and then refine your policy to also disallow 3rd party applications to be installed (although this could potentially cause issues for device patching if ever needed)...