I have a user who was removed from our BES a few days ago. The ... Server Admins forum

benpahl no está en línea Stack level 1

Question remote wipe of bb removed from BES

Advertisement

I have a user who was removed from our BES a few days ago. The company now wants to remote wipe the device (they do own it.)

First question: is there a way to find the PIN of the device in a log somewhere on our server?

Second question: is there a way to wipe the device without calling the user and having him activate it with our BES again? (not a viable solution, obviously.)

Third question: how likely is it that RIM or att will be able/willing to wipe it for us?

Thanks,

me

Well,

I found the user's PIN in logs under program files > research in motion > blackberry enterprise server > folders are dated.

Now I have to see if RIM can help...

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Thinking back (but I am not a bes expert) I recall reading that if a wipe command was issued on a device but the device was not on that as soon as the device reconnected with RIM servers the command would be initiated. Someone will definitely come through and correct me if I am wrong.

Zo

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    If the device is removed from the BES, without having him activate it again on the BES there is no way to Remotely wipe it. Even Att or RIM would not be able to do that. At most ATT would be able to disable the DATA service but any data currently on the device would still be there

Mark is correct.

RIM wasn't able to remote wipe it, but they did state we could contact the carrier and issue a lost device request to have the sim deactivated, at which point RIM could flag the device and deactivate the PIN.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    Hopefully you password protected it, and had content encryption enabled

berry_8310 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Dexmobiles Roblock blackberry theft recovery suite has the remote wipe feature that does not require BES... available here

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    The client for the software would need to be installed on the device though in order for this to work