Hi, I'm having a little fun with my new 8320. Most stuff works pretty good, ... Server Admins forum

wadberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Redirector seems to be over-riding BES

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm having a little fun with my new 8320. Most stuff works pretty good, but I am having some problems with BES and Redirector.

Here's the setup:

- BES is provided by the company I work for. It seems to work pretty well (I am able to reply to email on the BB) until...

I try to synchronize my phone with my desktop, which is under the domain of a client site, using Redirector.
    This works to sync my calendar, contacts, etc. with the client exchange server, but ....

It seems that once I have done this, I cannot reply to email from my parent company.
    When I wander around in the options, I find that my BB thinks that my BES service is connected to the client site email.

(I can see this through the BES Mailbox options -> choose mailbox).

The big question is, how can I keep my mailbox pointed to my parent company, AND synchronize my contacts and calendar with the client company (the computer I use for most of the day.)
    I would like to receive client email through redirector as well, but can forego that if it is not possible.

Anyway, I better stop before I confuse this thread too much.

Thanks in advance.
    Wade

wadberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Redirector seems to be over-riding BES

I did forget to say that this has been corrected once by removing my Service Books and having the BES administrator resend them.

And I seemed to have screwed it up again as soon as I tried to resync with the client exchange server (just using redirector).

Thanks again,
    Wade

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3

That is because both the Redirector and BES use Desktop Service books. You cannot use both of them at the same time. You will need to use one or the other. My suggestion would be to use your BES email and then Integrate your other account as a BIS account and install Desktop Manager for BIS.

Keyscan no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    That is because both the Redirector and BES use Desktop Service books. You cannot use both of them at the same time. You will need to use one or the other. My suggestion would be to use your BES email and then Integrate your other account as a BIS account and install Desktop Manager for BIS.

Pretty much summed it up. Also to the TS, you are not able to reply to the original messages because the Redirector Desktop service books were overriding the previous BES Desktop service books. A few key identifiers (specifically the UID field) change when the Redirector service books are pushed through the USB cable onto the BlackBerry.