Unread emails on handhelds after messages have been read on outlook client. A few of ... Server Admins forum

Gav333 no está en línea Stack level 1

Reconcilication problems -Unread emails on BB after the msg is read on outlook client

Advertisement

Unread emails on handhelds after messages have been read on outlook client.

A few of my users are currently experiencing problems with there blackberry device no longer reconciling with there mailbox with regards to unread email messages. If a user reads an email on there email client then the message stays marked as unread on there blackberry device. If I do a manual reconciliation this marks the messages as unread on most of the handhelds but on a few devices the option for ‘reconcile now’ is missing from the menu and the only way to fix this is to wipe the device and set the activate the device again.

Currently running BES in an exchange environment, this never used to happen and to my knowledge nothing in the configuration has changed, the server is still set to win in any conflicts between the device and handset. All device settings I can find seem to be set correctly. Has anyone encountered this before or offer any advice as to what to check on the device or on Bes?

Thanks

Rede no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Reconcilication problems -Unread emails on BB after the msg is read on outlook cl

Quote Originally Posted by Gav333 View Post
    Unread emails on handhelds after messages have been read on outlook client.

A few of my users are currently experiencing problems with there blackberry device no longer reconciling with there mailbox with regards to unread email messages. If a user reads an email on there email client then the message stays marked as unread on there blackberry device. If I do a manual reconciliation this marks the messages as unread on most of the handhelds but on a few devices the option for ‘reconcile now’ is missing from the menu and the only way to fix this is to wipe the device and set the activate the device again.

Currently running BES in an exchange environment, this never used to happen and to my knowledge nothing in the configuration has changed, the server is still set to win in any conflicts between the device and handset. All device settings I can find seem to be set correctly. Has anyone encountered this before or offer any advice as to what to check on the device or on Bes?

Thanks
    I'm having the exact same issue with the read/unread status of email not synchronizing on our BES server. I've tried restarting the services fix it, the server's weekly reboot didn't resolve it, and it seems to be an ongoing issue for some of our users (including myself) but not all.

Anyone else come across this issue? Hoping for some sort of fix...

MontyK no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Reconcilication problems -Unread emails on BB after the msg is read on outlook cl

I have found that this affects a lot of the users who use preview panes in the Outlook. If an email is viewed in the preview pane and then deleted before opening the email completely the Blackberry device does not show it as being opened.

Also resending service books has previously resolved an issue where the 'reconcile now' option is missing.