I am conected to my Firm's Exchange Server with my BB 7520 and I can ... Server Admins forum

martygreene no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400AA888

Reconciliation

Advertisement

I am conected to my Firm's Exchange Server with my BB 7520 and I can send and receive emails fine. Problem is that when I delete or move email from my Firm's server it does not automatically reconcile with my BB. I have cheked the settings in options and it is configured to delete on handheld, wireless reconcile on and on conflicts mailbox wins.

How do I get my BB to refelct the emails in my server mailbox and nothing more???

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Reconciliation

It will only Sync with email from the date the Blackberry is added to BES and forward. The BB's wont pick up email messages from before. Hope i'm answering you from the right angle.

Ook
    Ook no está en línea Stack level 2

Isn't it supposed to be set to delete on both handheld AND mailbox?! I think that setting determines what should be deleted where?

Gina no está en línea Stack level 4

that's true Ook. On the exsisting mail you get to choose.

PIN/ID
    400AA888

khyle,

Not quite my question but did answer another issue for me... thanks.

Let me better explain my problem:

I work on my laptop and move emails from the server mailbox to my personal folders on my laptop hard drive. They then no longer reside on the server but I notice they do not get removed from my Blackberry.

So... that begs the question as to whether or not emails will be removed from the Blackberry during reconciling only if they are deleted rather than moved from the server.

That is my question... makes sense?

PIN/ID
    ask

If you are on BES:

The on your Blackberry go to Options from the main screen / then 'Message Services' - Make sure Messaging is set to 'Desktop'

This may seem like doubling up but next do this:

Go to the main screen scroll to 'Messages' then press the trackwheel and select 'Options' / 'Email Reconciliation'

Then in the 'Email Reconciliation' window be sure it still says 'Desktop' to the right of 'Message services'

Set delete On: 'handheld' (unless you want to delete the email on your PC wirelessly from the Blackberry)

Set 'Wireless Reconcile' to 'On'

Set 'On Conflicts' to Mailbox Wins'

Next:

Connect your Blackberry - via USB - to the PC where the BES version of 'Blackberry Desktop Manager' is installed. (You can tell because it will have 4 icons 'Redirector Settings' being the extra on)

Once you open 'Destop Manager' (Use or install version 4.0) / double click 'Intellisync' then click 'Configure Reconciliation'.

In 'Configuration' window:

Select 'Synchronize moves and deletes' and 'Mailbox wins'

Make sure below that it says:

"Wireless message reconciliation is currently enabled.
    Please see message list options on the Blackberry
    handheld for these settings."

If it's not set to enabled then that's the sync issue your having.

Now make sure the Personal folder matches the on in question. This may be set to 'None' depending on how you did initial setup. (If you receive email to your Blackberry - don't change the folder)

Click 'Ok' to save settings.

Try this and let me know if you solve the issue.
    Last edited by hayden; 10-26-2005 at 02:08 PM.

Ook

I'm afraid the behaviour martygreene describes whith moving messages to PST files is by design. See it like this, the Blackberry server 'monitors' your server side mailbox and if it sees a message has been moved from your Inbox to a regular subfolder, it will reconcile on the Blackberry. If the server sees a message is "suddenly disappearing" (because you're moving it to a PST file which the server doesn't monitor), it just doesn't remove the message in the BB's inbox... You notice the same when permanently (shift deleting) messages straight from your inbox, they won't be removed from your BB (because the server 'doesn't understand' where the message went). Sorry for the simple talk but I didn't know how else to explain

The workaround would be to move the message to a subfolder on the mailserver first, wait for the BB to sync up/remove the message from it's inbox, and then file it into the PST file.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Ook; 10-26-2005 at 04:48 PM.

PIN/ID
    ask

Ook that makes sense. Thanks! Let know how it turns out martygreene

PIN/ID
    400AA888

Ook... created a new folder on the server and moved email there as suggested. Instead of dissapearing though it showed up on the BB again so it would appear that the new folder is also being sent to the BB... Hmmmmm.

PIN/ID
    ask

I think what Ook what saying is probably why.

Ook

Hmm, when I'm within Outlook (XP) and I file a message into a server-subfolder, it will disappear from my BB inbox and vice versa. This works OK as long as I don't drag it to other mailboxes and/or PST files.

Maybe check whether your BB is set to "Hide Filed Messages" (in Messages --> Options --> General Options). I have that set to YES and it works like it should!

gwgaston no está en línea Stack level 1

There is a distinction here between filed and deleted. Filed is still on your Blackberry (whether you can see it or not with your current setup).

For a message to actually be removed/deleted (via reconciliation) from your Blackberry handheld, it must set in deleted items long enough for the BES to see it and create an OTAFM batch for the handheld.

When I do a mass archive that I want reconciled, I usually copy to a PST then delete. An extra step to do but I seldom do this as I set 'Keep Messages' to 30 days on the BB.

Gerald W. Gaston

gwgaston no está en línea Stack level 1

Also a quick tip to toggle the "Hide Filed Messages" option off and on is to press the 'H' key while in the messages list.

You may be surprised as to the number of messages that are there but hidden. Especially if you have client side rules or Junk Email software running within Outlook that move messages to other folders in your mailbox store (unless you change it folder redirection is by default only set for the Inbox and Sent Items) or PSTs.

Gerald W. Gaston
    Last edited by gwgaston; 10-31-2005 at 03:05 AM.

mjkone no está en línea Stack level 2

Great explanation of this problem. I have many executives here at my office wondering why their items would remain on the BlackBerry.