Hey All, I have about 30 (8100) users on a BES 4.1 server (4.1.2.20) and ... Server Admins forum

kayman no está en línea Stack level 2

Reconcile Now Missing + email state doesnt update

Advertisement

Hey All,

I have about 30 (8100) users on a BES 4.1 server (4.1.2.20) and am having a slight problem,

We have recently had building power maintenance and have had to shut down the servers for a day (during weekends) and when they come back up some funny things have been happening to random users.

Basically the emails are sent to the users however state changes i.e. read or unread doesn’t update and the RECONCILE NOW option is missing from the messages menu plus the wireless reconcile option in messages.options.email reconciliation is missing.

Any idea how to get these back? it seems to only effect some users first power outage affected 3 out of 30 users with 2 of them getting it back and one needing to wipe the handheld and start to get it back.

the recent power outage this time it seems like its effecting 2 people and wanted to know if there is another way to fix this.

I've tried resending service books any other suggestions?

Cheers
    K
    Last edited by kayman; 10-02-2007 at 03:42 AM.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Reconcile Now Missing + email state doesnt update

Try this for missing the reconcile now option.

Reconcile Now Option Missing

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    Problem

You open the Messages screen of the BlackBerry device, then select Options. When you click Email Reconciliation, the Wireless Reconcile feature does not appear on the Email Reconciliation screen.

Cause 1

The Desktop [CMIME] service book is corrupt and needs to be updated. This service book contains information required to send messages and do tasks such as wireless message reconciliation.

Resolution

Delete the service book and send a new one to the device.
    1. Reset the device by removing the battery and inserting it again.
    2. On the device, click Options, then click Service Book.
    3. Select the Desktop [CMIME] service book.
    4. Click the trackwheel and click Delete. In the warning dialog box, click Delete.
    5. Connect the device to the personal computer. When the device is connected, a new copy of the Desktop [CMIME] service book is automatically sent to the device.
    Cause 2

The Enable Wireless Message Reconciliation IT Policy is set to False.

Resolution

On the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
    1. In the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Management console or BlackBerry Manager, right-click the BlackBerry Enterprise Server name, then click IT Policy.
    2. In the IT Policy settings for BlackBerry Server window, click the Enable Wireless Message Reconciliation IT Policy, then click Edit.
    3. In the CMIME Application Policy Group, change the Enable Wireless Message Reconciliation IT Policy value to True.
    4. Click OK.
    You can also try resending the service books.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

I instructed the user to perform all those suggestions but no luck, I'm going in to see them tomorrow so i'll try them all again myself and report back.

hughcornwell no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem. I resent the IT policy and service book from the BES to the users and manually turned on wireless reconcile from the "email reconcilliation" on the Blackberries. The wireless "reconcile now "field only showed up after resending the IT policy and service book. Give it a shot.

It seems like the resending of the service books worked with one of the users but the other user nothing would work, I ended up wiping his handheld and starting from scratch however there is one other user with the problem who doesnt heavily rely on roaming emails so i'm trying to see how I can get his back to normal without wiping. I tried sending the IT policy and Service books to him and still no go

ended up backing up and wiping the device... nothing worked I tried everything thanks anyways.