We recently got our BES with MDS operating with our exchange 2007 server. Lots of ... Server Admins forum

walterwt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B2FF0

recommendation for push program

Advertisement

We recently got our BES with MDS operating with our exchange 2007 server. Lots of happy people. Now I'm either a control freak or cheap, but I would like to take advantage of the server to do 2 things, push out an error description list to our service techs and push out a customer list to all staff (updates daily) Is this possible with either the MDS development program from rim or the Java app? A gentle push in the right direction would be great!
    Walter Thompson

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: recommendation for push program

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    For different applications we simply format in html data from our corporate databases. This way data is stored in one place, updated every 5 minutes, and people on both company computers and blackberries see the data at the same time. BB users simply click on a homepage link that pulls up a simple htmal menu and select any of the 20 items on the list. Once clicked, the appropriate data is displayed.

ibanyan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24222F96

Re: recommendation for push program

Even better, push it to the BB via a Browser Channel or Browser Message. That way it can be read off-line. Why waste MDS capabilities? A step by step on how to do this can be found in my book "Professional BlackBerry" on Amazon.com.
    Craig Johnston
    --------------
    My book "Professional BlackBerry":
    http://tinyurl.com/gyqvz
    Mobile Computing Authority Podcast:
    http://mca.libsyn.com

walterwt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B2FF0
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanyan
    A step by step on how to do this can be found in my book "Professional BlackBerry" on Amazon.com.
    A whole book. Now that I should be able to figure out!