I actually joined to ask this one. We have Bes/Exchange (4.0.3.10 BES, Exch 2003) with ... Server Admins forum

orbifold no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32b8e51c

Question Re-activating running users?

Advertisement

I actually joined to ask this one. We have Bes/Exchange (4.0.3.10 BES, Exch 2003) with about 800 users. Out of that number, maybe 20 list as 30 days since last contact. Most of these just aren't using the thing but for the phone, or have beeen issued a Treo. (They are shinier and trick people) But activation just seems to cut out on a percentage for unknown reasons. They call, and we wipe and re-activate.
    My Question is, does anyone else see this? Do any of you have any ideas what might be happening? I've been asked to investigate this, but find nothing out there.
    One thing we have noticed, is two or three threads of the BBConvert process using 2+GB each and sticking. This brings the BES to a 6-8GB pagefile. I just checked and ended 3 of them which brings it down to less than 2GB. But that is just performance, and probably not connected to the dropping active connection.
    Any help is appreciated!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Re-activating running users?

orbifold no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32b8e51c

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks, Hydn, will do!

Ook
    Ook no está en línea Stack level 2

I have noticed that the "Reload User" command (right-click the user in the BES user list) often helps in the Enterprise Activation process. We normally do it when users change models because that's when it happens most in our environment. Good thing is that it doesn't hurt and/or doesn't change anything so you can do it without any side effects!

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Question Re: Re-activating running users?

Quote Originally Posted by Ook
    I have noticed that the "Reload User" command (right-click the user in the BES user list) often helps in the Enterprise Activation process. We normally do it when users change models because that's when it happens most in our environment. Good thing is that it doesn't hurt and/or doesn't change anything so you can do it without any side effects!
    So, if a user gets a new BB, that's all you do? And it will update to the new pin, etc,etc?

I've been resending the 'enterprise activation' email, and taking that route...

Ook
    Ook no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by navilyn
    So, if a user gets a new BB, that's all you do? And it will update to the new pin, etc,etc?

I've been resending the 'enterprise activation' email, and taking that route...
    No, I 'reload user' and then send the EA password to their mailbox for the user to go through the Enterprise Activation again, but that reload user thing makes EA go smoother (sometimes). I especially noticed hanging activations with changing models (my experience is that re-activating the same model as the person had before usually also works OK without the reload command).

In my company they always want something different so there's a lot of model swapping going on

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Thanks for that information, I must remember that on my next upgrade. We have about 12 people, and they are slowly, but surely getting the 8700g's. Basically upgrading from 7100t's...