I have an AD network with bes on its on box and setup per the ... Server Admins forum

jacobm77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Randomly cannot talk to DC -

Advertisement

I have an AD network with bes on its on box and setup per the guide on this site (logging on as besadmin network account which has local admin rights on machine)

This started showing up in the event log last week:

This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain <domainname.com> due to the following:
    There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
    This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

I have made 0 changes to either of my domain controllers or anything to with AD. The only thing I've added is a DPM server and I can't imagine that this has broken BES somehow.

Any ideas? It's a difficult problem to troubleshoot since everything online says to figure out what's wrong with the DC, but no other machines are having this issue.

GazN no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Randomly cannot talk to DC -

interesting one....Have you checked the hardware status of your NIC card(s), just as a starting point...

Also do you have the Service acct logged in all of the tme?

jacobm77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by GazN View Post
    interesting one....Have you checked the hardware status of your NIC card(s), just as a starting point...

Also do you have the Service acct logged in all of the tme?

The nic card and all network services seem fine - and I leave the besadmin (network account added as a local admin) logged in all of the time.

Network, hardware, wupdates, etc all seem fine..

The only thing I can think of is that I changed the domain admin account password a couple months ago, but I don't see why that would break bes.

As functional as bes is, everyday I come in I'm surprised it's still working.

GazN no está en línea Stack level 2

Are there any other failures in the event log that point to something that might be causing this problem? Bit of a tricky one really!