I have a web site and email service hosted by a company called "ipower". I ... Server Admins forum

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    Ask Me

question re: bes and current email/domain

I have a web site and email service hosted by a company called "ipower". I know the email is a pop based service. I wanted better email control through my bb and want to know if BES is right for me. I am an artist trying to estabolish a web based business of one and have some knowledge of computers but no programing. Knowledge. My goal is to have my current email address and domain working with the bes. What steps should I take to start?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: question re: bes and current email/domain

First, you should probably understand what you get with BES as opposed to BIS:
    • "Instant" delivery of email (BIS polls every 15 minutes in most cases)
    • Wireless sync of your other PIM data - Address Book, Calendar, Tasks, Memo Pad/Notes.
    • Truly secure messaging
    Remember, you need to have a compatible email/PIM client like Outlook or Notes for BES.

If you really want BES, contact a Hosted BES Service. They can probably help you migrate your current email address to their servers (required).

If you're using Domino, Exchange or Groupwise and it's just for you, you can set up a BES server of your own for free. Check here for info.