System is Server 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2, and BPS on top of that. ... Server Admins forum

Feign no está en línea Stack level 2

Question about BPS and Software Configuration

System is Server 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2, and BPS on top of that.

When I try to add a new configuration to the Software Configuration tab, I get a windows box that tells me to navigate to c:\program files\common\research in motion\shared\applications." My folder structure ends at "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion." Meaning that I have no "\shared\applications" directory.

Do I create and add permissions manually?

I want to add Stormlocker and maybe the Storm Weatherbug applications and future ones that may be useful to my handful of users.

TIA!

Ah, I had to do that and surf around a bit to find a worthwhile guide. Got that and started on deploying stuff.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Glad you were able to fix things

Can you post your fix so that others in the future that may run across this issue have a fix.

Thanks.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Sure.

Here is the article I used: http://www.blackberryinsight.com/200...berry-devices/

What about Java apps? It seems that I cannot deploy them out.

And what if I have a piece of software that will run on say, a Storm but not a Pearl? How do I tell BPS not to send that application to the Pearl but do send it to the Storm?

edit: Found that I can assign a software configuration per device. Just needed to poke around on the informational screen for that...
    Last edited by Feign; 04-23-2009 at 11:09 AM.