So, for no obvious reason, after a reboot, on the console of my Domino server ... Server Admins forum

jhoetzl no está en línea Stack level 2

Quality time w/Tech Support re: localhost "failed to connect" on BES+Domino 7.0.2 Fix

Advertisement

So, for no obvious reason, after a reboot, on the console of my Domino server where my BES lives, I was getting a message saying "Connection to localhost failed". Now, I didn't change any server configs, domino server docs, or anything, just rebooted (was actually putting the server into a rack).

Anyway, very long story and 2 hrs on the phone with tech support, that error translated to "Disable the enterprise policy".

Yes, "Connection to localhost failed" = "Disable Enterprise Policy"

Well, a little more background - localhost doesn't mean localhost as I knew it in 16+ years in IT - localhost means the BES connection out the door!

So, what did change - about a week ago, a user's 8100 had the battery door retaining clip crack. So I swapped the device, but something didn't register out at BlackBerry land, so with my locked down enterprise policy (list of PIN's and Devices) enabled, it wouldn't connect out???

I disabled the enterprise policy and like magic, up it came.

When BlackBerry Support published the technote on this one, I'll find it and post it here.

Hope this might save someone some time...
    BES Admin, BB User, Factotum
    Curve 8320 OS: 4.2.2.184 (338) on T-mobile
    BES v4.1.5 w/Lotus 7.0.2

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Quality time w/Tech Support re: localhost "failed to connect" on BES+Domino 7.0.2 Fix

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that is rather odd.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

Re: Quality time w/Tech Support re: localhost "failed to connect" on BES+Domino 7.0.2 Fix

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hmm interesting.....