Hi guys, I work for a small to medium buisness IT contracting firm and since ... Server Admins forum

memnoch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2042AD90

Push out PIN Messaging list from server

Advertisement

Hi guys,

I work for a small to medium buisness IT contracting firm and since the BES Express server came out we have been busy deploying these to buisness' (usally with around 10 handhelds).

I have had a couple of questions from users asking if we can push out a list on PIN messanger buddies through the server, this way all users will automatically have each other under their contact list.

Also is it possible to push out html bookmarks from the server for the blackberry browser?

On a side note this BES Express server is excellent, I'm now the blackberry zealot at my company pushing these devices to small buisness' and I find that eveyone who i show my 8700g to they want one!!!

Cheers

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Push out PIN Messaging list from server

The answer to both of your questions is YES you can. I am on a BES, not the admin though, and I have a wireless updated contact list. Whenever they want to add a new contact I get it automatically. Also you can set up bookmarks for all the BB's, but unfortunately the admin is not available right now so Im not able to share with you the procedure. I can help you tomorrow, or just give your service provider a call and have them walk you through it. Also, a BES comes with a user guide, if you can locate that, which I tried for you but I cannot, you will be able to do this yourself. Good luck, let me know.
    This may help as well.... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...hread.php?t=30
    Last edited by cp6169; 06-29-2006 at 01:59 AM.

rhupf no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2427414d

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I would be interested in any replies you get. This sounds like it would be a great feature to have.

vamsi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203625F7

hi do we need BES for blackberry messenger to work can. anybody answer me thru my PIN 203625F7 by sending message so that i can confirm that my PIN is working .

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Quote Originally Posted by vamsi
    hi do we need BES for blackberry messenger to work can. anybody answer me thru my PIN 203625F7 by sending message so that i can confirm that my PIN is working .
    Tried to PIN msg you but the above listed PIN is invalid. Go to Options>Status and you will find your PIN there.

BES and BB Msgr are two different services. BES is used to push your corporate email to your BB. So what you see at work you see on your BB. And BB Msgr is IM between BB devices. They are independant of each other. Hope that helps.

23DB1D23, Angie
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

w_bufffet no está en línea Stack level 1

anybody can help with pushing bookmarks, and pin contacts to BB messenger? I could not find how to do it in the manual.

thanks

JEspiritu no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

As a new BES Admin, I too am trying to research this. At first, I wanted to update all user profiles so that their GroupWise (6.5) Address Books included the PINs of all other users. The idea of being able to have the BES push a list of contacts to BlackBerry Messenger on all users' handhelds, I like. I'll be doing some more digging, and when I learn how to do this, I'll report back -- unless of course someone beats me to it!

rionac4 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D04EB4

Question Re: Push out PIN Messaging list from server

my black berry has been stolen i still have pin code but i did not have IMEI to keep it to the service provider to search my phone by mobile network.please help me how to find IMEI from PIN code.This BlackBerry make my life better.please i need your help
    SINCERLY,RIONAC4

MadCOw no está en línea Stack level 2

Does anyone have more information on this, Id really like to be able to send the PIN list to my devices from enterprise sever

Joebanana no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204fae23

Post Re: Push out PIN Messaging list from server

I am admin for a 4.1.3 BES with GroupWise. Any user who I do a lookup for from my device, has a field with the PIN populated. You can try this first.

I believe with 4.1 BES for Exchange each entry in the GAL will have a field for the PIN once they have an account on the BES.

Wolfeman0101 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CEC70B

I really need to know how to push out my list of PINs to all users.

Wolfeman0101 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CEC70B

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeman0101 View Post
    I really need to know how to push out my list of PINs to all users.
    No solutions? RIM said it can't be done but I don't trust them.

LeroyJenkins no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Push out PIN Messaging list from server

I did some googling and found an app called PINpoint by a company called Tenet Computer Group. I can't post url's on here, but if you google Tenet and PINpoint, you'll be able to find their site. They seem to know what they're doing. The application pushes names, emails, phone numbers AND PIN #'s on a schedule.

Hope this helps.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyJenkins View Post
    I did some googling and found an app called PINpoint by a company called Tenet Computer Group. I can't post url's on here, but if you google Tenet and PINpoint, you'll be able to find their site. They seem to know what they're doing. The application pushes names, emails, phone numbers AND PIN #'s on a schedule.

Hope this helps.
    Linky.

https://www.tenet.com/pages/products...pointroot.aspx
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!