Caused by some testing with my BlackBerry and the Desktop Manager I lost the messages ... Server Admins forum

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

Push Messages again ?

Advertisement

Caused by some testing with my BlackBerry and the Desktop Manager I lost the messages I stored on my handheld.

Is there a way to "repush" the messages of the last 12 weeks to the device ? On BES Domino this is quite simple (deleting the entries in the state DB) but how does that work on BES for Exchange 4.1.3 ?

I actually do not want to delete the device or delete the user account on the bes to get into the prepopulation again....

jock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B40B0

Re: Push Messages again ?

The prepopulation of a blackberry can only be set for a maximum of 14 days on the BES server, so even if you resort to this you won’t get all the mail you want

Two Options are to resend all the messages to yourself again on your desktop so they appear as new messages in your inbox or create a subfolder in your exchange inbox, enable this folder for redirection on the BES and copy the messages you want to be viewable from your blackberry into this folder. The new folder will take a while to become viewable on your BB, mine took about 15mins to see any mail in the folder. You can then move and file your mail to where you want it

If anyone know a better way please let us know

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

A simple restore maybe? if you backup all the time that is.

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for your replies.

@jock
    Tried the folder tip, but unfortunately that doesn´t push the mails again.

@Bulz_Eye
    That should work. I have several backups, but unfortunately I changed devices so I would had to merge at least two or three different backups. AFAIK that does not work ? A Restore of Mails onto the Handhelds replaces the ones on the device, right ?

jock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B40B0

banthon,

Try marking the mails as unread before you copy them to the folder you want to be able to access from your BB. Just checked this again on my BB and it works every time.

Let me know how you get on...