Hi All : How can i config the "software configurations" to push some java applications ... Server Admins forum

colorlight no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2045D583

Thumbs down How to push some Java Applications to BB device by "Software Configurations"

Advertisement

Hi All :

How can i config the "software configurations" to push some java applications to the BB device?

Thanks & Regards

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: How to push some Java Applications to BB device by "Software Configurations"

Not sure about this. What exactly are you trying to push install? Similar to the auto Yahoo! and Google Talk OTA install by some carriers?

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

Re: How to push some Java Applications to BB device by "Software Configurations"

Configure the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to push a third-party application to the device.
    1. Identify a third-party application you would like installed on the device. In most cases, a third-party application consists of an ALX file and a subfolder with COD files.
    2. In Microsoft® Windows® Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Applications and create a folder called appname. Note: The appname folder should contain the ALX file and subfolders with the program source. Software configurations must be able to access the application in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Applications\appname via a Universal Naming Convention (UNC) share.
    3. In Windows Explorer, share the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion folder. Note: For security purposes, make sure the shared file is Read-only.
    4. Once the folder is shared, verify you can access it using the UNC name. Open My Computer and in the Address Bar type \\<BlackBerry_Enterprise_Server_name>\Research In Motion
    5. In a command prompt, type cd c:\program files\common files\Research In Motion\apploader file and press ENTER. This folder contains a loader.exe file.
    6. Type loader /index and press ENTER. This creates PkDBCache.xml and specification.pkg files in the appname folder.
    7. In BlackBerry Manager, click Software Configurations, then create a new configuration.
    8. In the Handheld Software Location field, type \\<BlackBerry_Enterprise_Server_name>\Research In Motion and click OK.
    9. In the main window, expand Application Software, then place a check mark next to any application you want to send to the devices wirelessly.
    10. Change the delivery method to wireless and click OK. You have successfully created your software configuration. In BlackBerry Manager, you can now assign it to any user who wants to receive this application.

PIN/ID
    2045D583

Thumbs down Re: How to push some Java Applications to BB device by "Software Configurations"

Hi Wizkid1981:

thanks , you are right , i have fellowed your insturction , yes , now i can push application
    But when i have pushed the application 4 hours later , i found this :
    cofiguration Name : ******
    Status Check Time: 1/14/2007/ 3:42:45 PM
    Configuration Status : OK
    System Status : Up To Date
    Application Status : UP to Date

But i check the Devices and BES server , i can not found this application has been installed on the user blackberry device ! Oh ,my god , what is wrong ? Help me ,thanks !

What type of application are you trying to push out to the device?

From the log you read me it looked like it worked. Have a look at the following article for possibilities from the device side.

RIM KB-04219

PIN/ID
    2045D583

Thumbs up Re: How to push some Java Applications to BB device by "Software Configurations"

Hi Wizkid1981:

Ok , thanks your help , i check what you said, now i fixed this problems

Thanks again guy

Great glad I could help you out.

Just keep in mind that if you see the entry below in your BES Log then the policy push from the server side was successful.

cofiguration Name : ******
    Status Check Time: 1/14/2007/ 3:42:45 PM

Configuration Status : OK
    System Status : Up To Date
    Application Status : UP to Date

Anything after that usually points towards the device itself.

dbs4ever no está en línea Stack level 1

hey can anyone give me a sample application thanks
    DB