Hi, Can anybody tell me if it is possible to view pst files (Outlook personal ... Server Admins forum

johnnyWong no está en línea Stack level 1

PST Files on Blackberry's

Advertisement

Hi,

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to view pst files (Outlook personal folders) on a Blackberry? I have a user who states that "In his last job" he could do this. He wants to be able to see the PST folder structure and all it's content by synchronizing with the pst file on his computer using the Desktop software.

I have managed to synchronise the PST folder structure on to his Blackberry device but the content from the PST file doesn't populate to these folders.

Thanks in advance for your posts.

Johnny Wong.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Re: PST Files on Blackberry's

im not confident that it will open a PST file type
    Last edited by jeffallen8; 01-22-2008 at 01:53 PM.

ChrisBlack no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24E5704A

well BES only works with the user account on server inbox, (a ms outlook with exchange server works coz is a reflex of the server inbox) the user can view strucure and move emails, etc. but not in pst files.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Usually pst files are a no go because they don't reside in the mailbox. You may be able to do it through the dm, I know you can view inbox subfolders, but not the pst itself. If you got it synced to a folder in the mailbox, you'll have to check your BES and see if that folder is marked for redirection on that user.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wahtx no está en línea Stack level 2

You can view your mailbox structure only if your work from your Exchange Mailbox. You must also have those folders set up to be redirected. If your user is setup to work from a PST only instead of an exchange mailbox it will not work. If your user was able to see his folder structure in his last job, he would have had to work out of his mailbox.

To me if you are not working from your exchange mailbox, this device becomes worthless.
    WAHTX

“If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG!"

~Bill Gates~

murashid.rahman no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: PST Files on Blackberry's

you can only Sync the data in MAil server not in your personal Computer.
    PST is stored in local memory.so you cant