Overview: -AD account created incorrectly, I deleted it, started from scratch, set group policies as ... Server Admins forum

chindian no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2051646B

Problem with Enterprise or Desktop Activation.

Advertisement

Overview:

-AD account created incorrectly, I deleted it, started from scratch, set group policies as normal
    -Deleted BES account, waited 5 minutes, added user back to BES
    (email address before AD account was deleted is same as when I recreated it, we're trying to keep the same email address)
    -attempt to enterprise activate and it just sits at 'Activating yourname@yourdomain.com' and goes nowhere.

I created a test account in AD, setup a BES profile, performed an EA and it worked like a charm.
    I deleted the test accounts BES profile, deleted the AD account, re-added it back all using the same credentials as before, added the BES profile once more and EA won't go through as with the user account mentioned above.

I'm stumped, why is it I can delete and readd a BES account as much as I like but when I delete an AD account, recreate another using the same credentials that the BES won't allow an Enterprise Activation to go through?

Help pls, I have no peers to help me with this, I'm self-taught and am under pressure to fix this from the boss.

PIN/ID
    2051646B

Re: Problem with Enterprise or Desktop Activation.

I'd like to add that if I add a secondary smtp email address to the AD account in question, make it primary, delete the BES profile and recreate it so that the new primary SMTP address is now changed and then attempt an EA, it still hangs.

nivleshc no está en línea Stack level 1

Just a thought since something similar had happened to me. See if the following helps

1. restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. There is a cache that exchange keeps. This is released based on a registry setting. But to make it happen now, you can restart the service I mentioned.
    2. If (1) doesnt help then reboot the BES server. I saw that in my case, I had a problem with the activation and it was because some services had failed. On reboot they started.

Cheers

anvmom no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203d042e

have you verified that the user does not have a junk mail rule set up that moves the RIM messages out of the Inbox upon arrival?

PIN/ID
    2051646B

yes this has been verified.