I have a personal Blackberry Curve (bought it myself and pay for all the service ... Server Admins forum

widcrack no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Privacy of Personal Gmail and Opera Mini use

Advertisement

I have a personal Blackberry Curve (bought it myself and pay for all the service myself). I recently chose to hook up to my company's BES server so I can get my corporate email OTA. Does my company now have access to GMail that I read through my GMail client? What about web browsing done on Opera Mini?

jar8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    It depends on your companys IT policy (best to check with them), some record everything while others only email is archived.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yeah some companies are very strict and will record evething

x14
    x14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The company does not have access to the Gmail messages.

What they can do is force all messages you send to go out thru your company account. This way they will at least archive the outbound message.

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    You could push your company email to your device through BIS that way you dont have to be on thee BES at all (unless you also need the lookup). This is what we did for 1 user that was paranoid about his personal email and messages.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver