Guys I use to run my own BES, do not anymore so I removed the ... Server Admins forum

dashnu no está en línea Stack level 2

Policy.bin Settings "Stuck"

Advertisement

Guys I use to run my own BES, do not anymore so I removed the settings using policy.bin hacked my reg and all was well.

I have the new storm now and I can not for the life of me get rid of these policy settings. My new blackberry always picks them up. Causing me to have to wipe my phone using jl_cmdr to get rid of the red lock by the firewall.

My question is how do I COMPLETLY Remove The Desktop Software?

I removed all directories and reg settings and it STILL pick up these old policy.bin settings. There is something hidden somewhere I am not removing.

This is a problem for me because policy.bin keeps the firewall enabled and causes bluetooth to DM to fail.

TIA

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    after you WIPE the phone are you restoring things from a BACKUP ?

if so it's picking the Policy up from the backup file when you restore.

My suggest that you wipe it with JL Commander and then either start from scratch or perform a Advanced Retore and pick the items you want to restore to your device.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Quote Originally Posted by dashnu View Post
    Guys I use to run my own BES, do not anymore so I removed the settings using policy.bin hacked my reg and all was well.

I have the new storm now and I can not for the life of me get rid of these policy settings. My new blackberry always picks them up. Causing me to have to wipe my phone using jl_cmdr to get rid of the red lock by the firewall.

My question is how do I COMPLETLY Remove The Desktop Software?

I removed all directories and reg settings and it STILL pick up these old policy.bin settings. There is something hidden somewhere I am not removing.

This is a problem for me because policy.bin keeps the firewall enabled and causes bluetooth to DM to fail.

TIA
    Follow this link, follow the instructions:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy

Thanks to our brethren over at blackberryfaq (remember: they are not the enemy, the I-phone-sters are the enemy!)

dashnu no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ice its not that. FWIW you can wipe using JL and do a full restore its whenever I use apploader.

Mark thx however the problem is I used that method before and now am stuck with it.