We are a small company, less than 10 users. All have Blackberries (Pearl, Curve, 8800) ... Server Admins forum

vjb380054 no está en línea Stack level 1

Please suggest a full-featured BES hosting service

Advertisement

We are a small company, less than 10 users. All have Blackberries (Pearl, Curve, 8800) on BIS by AT&T. We want an in-house BES eventually, but we thought we can make the learning curve easier to climb if we first use a hosted BES service -- you know, learn to drive the car before daring to maintain our own engine.

But the two services I checked out were disappointing, in the sense that they only offer the users operational control over a very small subset of BES features. I mean, we can add/remove/disable users, but that's about it. What I wanted was control over application control policies, for example -- to be able to deny a user the use of a third-party app, etc.

So am I out of luck? If I want access to full range of BES admin features, especially application control policies, is there a hosting service that provides that? Or should I just bite the bullet and learn how to maintain my own BES? Thank you.

Whopper no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Please suggest a full-featured BES hosting service

Quote Originally Posted by vjb380054 View Post
    We are a small company, less than 10 users. All have Blackberries (Pearl, Curve, 8800) on BIS by AT&T. We want an in-house BES eventually, but we thought we can make the learning curve easier to climb if we first use a hosted BES service -- you know, learn to drive the car before daring to maintain our own engine.

But the two services I checked out were disappointing, in the sense that they only offer the users operational control over a very small subset of BES features. I mean, we can add/remove/disable users, but that's about it. What I wanted was control over application control policies, for example -- to be able to deny a user the use of a third-party app, etc.

So am I out of luck? If I want access to full range of BES admin features, especially application control policies, is there a hosting service that provides that? Or should I just bite the bullet and learn how to maintain my own BES? Thank you.
    not sure of the 2 you have tried, so hopefully I did not list any you have already used;

ExchangeMyMail.com
    intermedia.net
    mail2web.com

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2

You can always use the small-business version of BES. It's the same thing, just a limited number of licenses. Do you have your own exchange server?

vjb380054 no está en línea Stack level 1

Whopper, one on your list does not support what I need. Haven't called the other two yet. Are you sure they let users operate app control policies? Or are you simply suggesting a list of reputable names?

BobL, I don't have Exchange. I can always buy Exchange (or Small Business Server) and add BES Express on top. I don't mind spending that money, but we don't have the time to learn all the sys admin and IT management work that comes with it. I am looking for an outsourced solution -- but with the ability to operate most of the good features that come with BES.

Thanks.

afterburner no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Lightbulb Re: Please suggest a full-featured BES hosting service

Try http://www.mailstreet.com/wireless/blackberry.asp and see if they can satisfy your requirement.
    The AfterBURNER

cchvz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f293e3

Intermedia.net.

I've been using them for my company for over 2 years and maybe 30 minutes of downtime in this whole time and that was a scheduled event.

I have over 50 exchange users currently, about 15 on BES and could not be happier. An important thing for me is support response and they respond very quickly either via email or phone. They give you a 30 day free trial I think so give them a shot. Oh yeah, they have a HUGE online Knowledge Base that has been very helpful.

As a comparison, I tested them against 1and1.com and not once did I receive a response to my two support calls from them. I only got a "thank you for your support call" message and that was it.

Feel free to PIN or message me with any questions. I've recommended them to two other companies and they have been very satisfied too.

-Carlos
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~