Hello, I have a few questions about BES, before we decide to invest. Does the ... Server Admins forum

jeostang no está en línea Stack level 1

Please Help with me with some BES questions.

Advertisement

Hello,

I have a few questions about BES, before we decide to invest.

Does the BES have the power to push address books/contacts lists to blackberry devices via wireless? We need this in case the BES/network goes down, our users will still need access to the most updated address books.

Does the BES have to ability to allow devices to blast PIN to PIN messages? For example, can I have a group on my blackberry that just contains PINs which will allow users to send one PIN to all users in that group?

I read the the BES can push content to blackberries, but is it able to push documents to devices every time a change is made? Again this would be in case the network/BES go down, our users would need to most up to date docs before the system went down?

Last one

Does the BES control direct connect policies like a group direct connect or is that done directly though Sprint?

Thanks for any help.

ecnavt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32caaed1
    Hi jeostang,

To help answer your questions...

1 - BES 4.1 has the ability to wirelessly synch contacts

2 - Your BB devices can have groups, with PIN contacts in them that will your users to send on PIN message to all users in that group. It's not necessarily a BES ability, though you can send a PIN message from a BES to multiple users.

3 - Push documents...maybe with a 3rd party add-on.

4 - That's probably a Sprint thing, I didn't find anything in the BES Policy Reference Guide related to direct connect - I might have missed it though.

Trevor

PIN/ID
    32caaed1

Thanks for the quick response Trevor.

The PIN question must only work with newer blackberries.

We have 7520s here. When I create a group on my blackberry, it will only allow me to email that group. I'm not able to PIN that group.

Have you tested the wireless address book syncing? Does it warn before deleting or changing addresses on the users BB?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecnavt View Post
    awesome.

Thanks !!!

PIN/ID
    32caaed1
    As far as the wireless address book synch goes, there's a prompt for delete if it's set for that. It's pretty standard stuff.

As for the PIN groups, make sure that you do a "Compose PIN" then type in the name of the group or select the from the address book to PIN the group. And it may be available only on newer devices, not sure.