Guys, Quick question, I recenetly installed the BES Professional software on our exchange server and ... Server Admins forum

dagonms no está en línea Stack level 1

Please help (New BES Admin)

Advertisement

Guys,

Quick question, I recenetly installed the BES Professional software on our exchange server and have purchased 15 cals. I am uncertain of the problem but i can not get the BB to work. Do I need to add the PIN to the BES software or do I just add the user and shoot the email to them with the password. I guess what I am getting is how do i associate the device with thesoftware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles

pagej no está en línea Stack level 1
    Add there email account to the server, then when they activate they need to put in there email account and the password that is set on the BES

Ok, so I do not need to put the pin from the blackberry in the bes manually, it will pull it from the device.

Thank you for the response.

One other question, the exchange server is not live yet we are planning to do a migration from a outsourced exchange servcie. all the accounts are set and we can send mail out but we are not live yet, We planned on testing this BES software first. I did not believe this would cause any issues for testing, am I mistaken.

Thanks,

Charles

tombquick no está en línea Stack level 2

Post Sending mail OK - Receiveing mail not OK

If the Exchange server to which you are pointing uses does not receive mail to be deposited in the users mailbox then the BES will not forward the message to the devices. IF mail comes from the outside Exchange box and is routed to the inside Exchange box for delivery to the mail file then there is not a problem.

Hope this helps.