I currently Administor my companies BES environment. BES 4.1.3 We do not log PIN or ... Server Admins forum
PIN to PIN Messages - Logging
I currently Administor my companies BES environment. BES 4.1.3 We do not log PIN or SMS Messages our BES - Yet!
The questions I have are, with PIN to PIN messages:
- Does RIM log any/all messages which pass through the RIM network?
- Is there any caching of messages?
- What level of encryption is applied to PIN to PIN messages?
I've had an inquiry with the above questions and could not find the answers.
Any inputs would be appreciated.
Who knows what RIM really does with the data.
Might be cached if a device is offline.
If you are paranoid you can encrypt PIN to PIN with your BES but only your users can PIN to PIN after that.
Obi-Wan Kenobi says "Use the search Luke", and Yoda says "RTFM, you should"
Torch 9800 on BES 4.1.7 MR3, SQL 2005, Exch 03 with 250 hopeless users
Kinda what I thought!
Thanks for the info!
- Account to RIM they hold the packet for delivery only but does not log.
- Not sure what you mean by caching.
- All PIN messages are encrypted. All devices that leaves the factory have the same encryption key. You can create an encryption key for all BlackBerry on your BES but after doing so you will not be able to send/receive to/from outsiders.
On a related note, since PIN messages don't go through the BES, it's possible for the log to miss some. When logging PIN messages they're only pulled from the device in 15 minute intervals. If a user were to delete the sent PIN before said interval, the BES would not log it. IIRC, the same is true for Blackberry Messenger conversations.
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i know bb messager is only stored on the devices they are sent too.
Tags for this Thread