Between my 2 BES there are approximately 60,000 pending messages. Mostly due to accounts that ... Server Admins forum

coachthomas no está en línea Stack level 2

Pending Messages

Advertisement

Between my 2 BES there are approximately 60,000 pending messages. Mostly due to accounts that haven't made contact in months. Unfortunately in the environment that I am in you have to jump thru a lot of hoops to delete any of these accounts.
    My questions is, what impact on the BES do these messages cause? Our servers are running at near 100% RAM usage and CPU usages and I want to know how much of this is due to all these messages?

Thanks in advance

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Pending Messages

I think there is a good chance of that being the cause, but lets see what others have to say.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

You could try disabling redirection for a few accounts that haven't made any server contact at all in months. We do that for user's that have left but who's email accounts are still active for a particular grace period. You could then clear the pending messages from the BES console and see if there's any noticable change. If there is, you can make a case for doing that to any inactive accounts to improve server stability and performance.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

From what I have seen in my short time of dealing with BES, it will suck a LOT of RAM, thus causing all sorts of problems, and being at 100% has a very good chance of causing some big issues.

You may want to check into getting your RAM expanded for BES.

Is it running on the same server as your MS Exchange?

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

Just so you are clear - you can purge the pending messages w/o affecting the contents of the mailbox they came from. I'd suggest doing so if you haven't heard from the devices in months.
    PIN: 303150C7

coachthomas no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for the info everyone/ really appreciate the help.