I am supporting BB in my organisation, I have this user who just bought a ... Server Admins forum

rizzimelb no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl 8100, address book sync

Advertisement

I am supporting BB in my organisation, I have this user who just bought a BB Pearl. All has been set up effortlessly however we can't seems to activate the "wireless syncronization" on the address book. All other app i.e. mail and calendar, the "wireless syncronization" feature has been turned on and work well.

In address book > options there's no "Wireless Syncronization" option. My BB 8800 has that function and enabled, see attachment

Does anyone knows how to add this function to the addressbook? I have search the forum but thre's no definitive solution. Any clue how?

Thanks in advance.

Rizz

To forum admin : can you please move this to the 8100 thread, I didnt realize until I posted it. Newbie error.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rizzimelb; 06-17-2007 at 11:15 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Pearl 8100, address book sync

I don't have that option either. Although I'm not on a BES. Would this be done through that? I'm not exactly sure how that all works. Sorry I'm not much help.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

There are a few ways to do this, the easiest way is to connect the phone to a desktop manager with the user's profile loaded in outlook. Goto syncronize, then configuration, then configure synch... In their you should be able to point address book ot wireless sync.

What version of bes are you running?

This can also be set on the user in bes as well.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Make sure the Desktop[SYNC] service book is listed under Options;Advanced Options; Service Books

Service books can be resent from the BES