Hey Guys i just add a policy to our users to use a password along ... Server Admins forum

5150 no está en línea Stack level 1

Password Reset Question.

Advertisement

Hey Guys i just add a policy to our users to use a password along with content protection. i have one user already lock themselves out. i set the # of attempts to 10.(they are on 9 now) But now i have an issue how do i reset the password within BES? in I.T Admin all i get is Set password and lock... what about resending the policy would that work?

thanks in advance!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Password Reset Question.

I know there is a way but I dont know how to do so. Maybe one of our BES experts will be along shortly to help out. Ill keep looking though.

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

Set password and lock is what you want as long as you are in contact with the user. You can tell them the password you've set and they should be able to unlock it. Give it a little time to receive the new password though.
    PIN: 303150C7

drjaspo no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi
    As above , use the IT admin tab set password and lock this will let you set the new password but make sure you can pass it on to your user. our policy wipe's the BB after 3 wrong passwords.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by drjaspo
    Hi
    As above , use the IT admin tab set password and lock this will let you set the new password but make sure you can pass it on to your user. our policy wipe's the BB after 3 wrong passwords.
    Thanks for the tip drjaspo. wipe after 3? Wow.

Steelrm1951 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Password Reset Question.

Quote Originally Posted by ekrimmer View Post
    Set password and lock is what you want as long as you are in contact with the user. You can tell them the password you've set and they should be able to unlock it. Give it a little time to receive the new password though.
    hello, I have an 8830 that I've been testing to use the set password & lock handheld, on our BES
    but how much time does it take? I've tried several times today, and so far have been unsucessful in getting
    the 8830 to accept the BES command. btw, our ver. is 4.1.4.15, and my 8830 is at 4.2.2.176
    thanks,

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

If you have Content Protection Enabled on the Device the Set Password and Lock Handheld command will not work

pfeilmacher no está en línea Stack level 1

My sister got hold of my phone and now when I turn it on it says enter password. It never did that before, and I can't get past it. It's a Pearl. Anybody know how to turn that off?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You have to have the password she used to activate the feature and then once in the phone you can go and disable the password request under security options - General Options. Without the passwords she put though, you will end up having to wipe the unit to get in.

Zo