Hi Folks, Thanks for providing a great forum. I have a client we've just moved ... Server Admins forum

davidi no está en línea Stack level 1

Password Protected documents on BB

Advertisement

Hi Folks,
    Thanks for providing a great forum.

I have a client we've just moved from BIS to BES. Under BIS we were syncing the BB with Organiser, and he was able to password protect a 'notes' folder that could not be opened on his desktop and could not be opened on the BB because he would use a password on the device. He could open the notes, amend them and re-sync them, password protected, back to his desktop.

I'm trying to find a similarly functional solution under BES. A word doc or Excel xls would work if the BB could open a protected file. I can mail a protected PDF, but then he can't amend it.

Is anyone aware of a way that I can do this? If there is no format that the BB can read, amend and save protected, can I turn memos syncing off for just one BB and sync memos from Organiser over a cable while diary/contacts/mail etc. syncs wirelessly?

Thanks for any thoughts!
    ATB
    David

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Password Protected documents on BB

Dynoplex has a good suite and trial available for viewing pdf and other documents.

So does RepliGo (more here)

Also see:
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2029782259

"
    • The Attachment Service does not support password-protected files other than Adobe® PDF. For example, if you attempt to open a password-protected Microsoft® Word® document, the message Password not supported for this format will appear.
    • It does not support password protected PDF files with 128-bit encryption.
    "

davidi no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Password Protected documents on BB

Thanks Hayden, much appreciated, the online files option is well worth a go. I'm going to propose that and see how we go.
    ATB
    David