I've noticed that when I create a memo in my Blackberry, it will automatically wirelessly ... Server Admins forum

xiaotingle no está en línea Stack level 1

Outlook Notes won't sync with Blackberry Memo

Advertisement

I've noticed that when I create a memo in my Blackberry, it will automatically wirelessly sync and create a copy in my desktop outlook notes. However, if I create a note in outlook, it does not create a copy or sync to my Blackberry memo.

Anyone know what's going on here? It's a company phone so I believe it's using exchange server if that helps.

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

Re: Outlook Notes won't sync with Blackberry Memo

your configurations may be set incorrectly:

go to your device manager>synchronize>click the configuration tab>click configure synch>click memopad>click the outlook application option>at the bottom of the box click on synchronize>OK

xiaotingle no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the reply littleacorn. I hate to sound naive but where is my device manager supposed to be located? Note that I'm not the company's IT guy so I would have limited/no access to company servers etc.

Is device manager on the phone itself or on my laptop with desktop manager? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleacorn
    your configurations may be set incorrectly:

go to your device manager>synchronize>click the configuration tab>click configure synch>click memopad>click the outlook application option>at the bottom of the box click on synchronize>OK

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

ah, im very green when it comes to corporate devices. it is my understanding that what you can do on your device is entirely up to your IT guys and security perimeters set by them. because of this, it may be preventing you from accomplishing different tasks.

for regular folks with the device. it is the disk that came with the phone and is the same operating system as the device itself. you basically plug it up to the usb and it should pop right up after you setup the application.

you may or may not have it on your laptop. check in your start>programs menu. if not, id check with IT.
    Last edited by littleacorn; 08-09-2007 at 01:18 AM.