Hey all, I have a client that is very particular about certain things and we ... Server Admins forum

bendite no está en línea Stack level 2

Open Email in Outlook/Wireless Reconciliation

Advertisement

Hey all,

I have a client that is very particular about certain things and we have an issue that I would love to make go away. They want to open email on thier Blackberry but do not want it opened it outlook when they get back to the office. They do not want to be bothered with having to "mark unopened" after reading the email on the Blackberry. Disabling "wireless reconciliation" seems to work for the most part but every once in a while the email shows up opened in outlook when they get back to the office. We are running the BES 4.0 with Exchange 2003 and the phones are 7130e from US Cellular.

1. Is there any other way to prevent email from showing as opened in outlook or is disabling 'wireless reconciliation" my only option?

2. Anyone else have odd data issues with US Cellular phones?

Thanks in advance.

Bendite

wschnaer no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20447e7b

Re: Open Email in Outlook/Wireless Reconciliation

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~One way is to have all of your client's emails automatically redirected to another email address. My experience is that this should be done at the server to have the redirecteed messages show the original sender. Then he can use his BB to view that account. There are obvious trade-offs and whether this works depends on his exact demands.

I am not on US Cellular so I can't comment on that.

bendite no está en línea Stack level 2

unfortunatly that won't work because he wants his replies from the blackberry to be in outlook. I don't know if there is an answer for this but I have to ask.

wschnaer no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20447e7b

Yes, there is a way to do that. He can send a bcc on every email to his Outlook account. Then, in Outlook, create a rule which files every email from his 'dummy' account into the Sent folder. I've used this before when I couldn't sync directly with my Exchange account.