My CEO has two assistants and eachare getting a blackberry. They need to have the ... Server Admins forum

mafi050 no está en línea Stack level 1

One calendar syncing with two Blackberry's

Advertisement

My CEO has two assistants and eachare getting a blackberry. They need to have the same calendar synced to each of their BB's. As well as contacts if possible. We are running Exchange 2003 and BES. I am at a lost, and i last thing you want to tell the CEO is "it can't be done". I would think there might be some tinkering with Exchange to make this happen, but i am not that familiar with exchange.

Any suggestions?

thanks

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: One calendar syncing with two Blackberry's

manisholiday no está en línea Stack level 1

As per my knowledge this is not possible, but you can try one blackberry and pocketpc windows mobile 5.0 thanks, configure same account no two different handheld.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Take a lookie at this product from Chapura Software; may be what you're looking for.

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

Any good conversation with the CEO should involve a fair amount of data. If my CEO wanted me to do this and it sounds damn near impossible, what you can say is that it'll take me a few days to research the issue, look at products that *might* do this, acquire them, test them and implement them. If it's a training issue, make sure you budget time to train people if it's possible.

But at the very least, you're going to end up with blended calendars, which is only going to lead to more chaos. I don't see this working at all without serious juggling - meaning multiple accounts, having to sync manually or have it not work OTA...

I don't think it's possible.

phillechill no está en línea Stack level 1

Maybe it would work if you make it so that both users have the same calendar in Exchange. I know that our office we "share" our calendars so that I'm able to look at somebody else's calendar and add an appointement in it. Maybe it's possible to make it so that two Exchange calendars always mirror one another. This would allow you to sync each blackberry to seperate exchange accounts.

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8
    ok whay can't this be don the machin they sync with have both ove them sync with the calender on both pins plug in sync the calender
    rinse repeat vias usb. try it

OJR
    OJR no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~phillechill... +1!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You can set up a secondary calendar in Intellisync but using that route you'd have to sync via USB for the calendars (plus there are other caveats such as all appointments from both calendars show up together in the calendar app on the BB, etc). I'd recommend checking into Chapura's app (I don't know much about it).