I'm new here. I've searched on this and couldn't find an answer, so I figured ... Server Admins forum

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

On BES - Speed of push emails

Advertisement

I'm new here. I've searched on this and couldn't find an answer, so I figured I'd post.

My question is regarding how long should emails take to get pushed to my device?

I have a 7130c, on Cingular. I work for a law firm, we run Lotus Notes as our email application, and my device is on a BES.

With my 7290 (same setup, Cingular, on BES) I would sometimes get emails on my device before I saw them on the desktop.

Now, on the 7130c, it can take up to 10 minutes to get an email. I have confirmed that an email can be sitting in my lotus notes inbox, unread, way before it reaches the device.

Is there an average or expected time for emails to get pushed to my device? If there is a problem, is it with the Device, RIM, Cingular, or the BES? Any advice?

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: On BES - Speed of push emails

Welcome to Pinstack! I think the normal push time is 10 to 15 minute increments but not positive, it may depend on when you send the email during those incremented times. Someone will respond shortly who is more familiar in this area.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

BES should be almost simultaneous. Brenda, I think youre talking about BIS. I usually get my emails on my 8700g before they hit my Outlook. Keep in mind if your BB signal isnt stellar, it might take a bit to "hit" Also, try taking the battery out, waiting 30 seconds, then reinserting, when you have this happen. You'd be amazed what this can solve =) Good luck and let us know how things work out for you!
    Welcome to Pinstack!
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks! I also usually get my BES Outlook mail on my BB prior to my PC. I would also recommend battery removal. Hope it helps.

PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

I've tried removing the battery and doing a hard reset a number of times.

I've been testing some things this morning. Emails sent to my gmail account, (which is forwarded to my mycingular.blackberry.net account) reach my device almost instantaneously, just as they should.

However, emails sent to my work account (which is on the BES) this morning are arriving on my device anywhere from 10 - 25 minutes.

I called Cingular customer support and they had me delete the Desktop (CMIME) service book and regenerate about 8 encryption keys, but it doesn't help the situation.

Any other advice? Should I take this to the BES admin?

va
    va no está en línea Stack level 1

Try going to the icon and select "turn wireless off" (not the "Turn Power Off"). Wait 2 minutes - go back and select "turn wireless On"

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

I have multiple models of handsets on our BES, email is just about instant for all. It does not matter what model BB, they all get it at similar speeds.

I would think if you are having consistant problems there may be something with the BB itself.

PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Apparently, everyone at work is experiencing similar problems. So I'm assuming that it must be something with the BES.