This BES never ceases to surprise me. We just received a few Pearl units for ... Server Admins forum

BlackBerryR no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203b0e90

Old Messages Retrieved on 8100 (Pearl)

Advertisement

This BES never ceases to surprise me.

We just received a few Pearl units for testing/sampling purposed in my IT dept. I'm using mine for about a week (if I can last that long) before switching back to my 8700.

In any case, I activated the 8100 yesterday via a wireless activation pwd. Keep in mind, I haven't switched the SIM card (using the new one provided) and I haven't transfered any data from my 8700 over to the 8100. Yet, once activated, I was seeing several messages (not all) from weeks ago and more importantly phone logs from days/weeks ago.

Again, I haven't even used the phone once on this Pearl. And the logs weren't transfered. The dates correspond correctly with the logs on my 8700. As far as my knowledge went, I wasn't aware that logs were managed by the BES.

Even stranger, after the activation, I received a secondary mail message icon for my BIS account. This would be normal had the service books been sent. But I never did send them to my new device. I even verified on the BIS account, it still displays my old 8700 PIN. Mind you, the account does not work; which is about the only thing that does make sense. It will not send/receive unless done by my old 8700 device (which again makes sense, becuase no changes were made on the BIS account). But just the mere fact that the BES knew what my BIS account was surprising enough.

Jokes are often made about me having a super BlackBerry account in comparison to my colleagues. I don't receive any SPAM from the BIS and the sort. But this I didn't expect. If anybody can shed some light, let me know.

Thx for the help (and reading my novel!!! )

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: Old Messages Retrieved on 8100 (Pearl)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm no BES admin, but I can verify that this does happen!

The BES remembers EVERYTHING!!

I even got my custom MP3 ringtones OTA when I activated my Pearl.

My Call Log has been carried forward 4 times!! 7100 --> 7130 #1 --> 7130 #2 --> 7130 #1 --> 8100.

BES is amazing!!

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    (insert round of applause here)

Spank no está en línea Stack level 1

I am running BES version 4.1 and under the Properties for your BES you will find a Messaging section. You should see Message Prepopulation where you can adjust how many and how old messages you would like to be sent to the handheld when its activated.

qbanhotsauce70 no está en línea Awaiting email verification

This section is relaly helpful THANKS!!