Gotta love this Lotus migration we are doing. Just ran into another error that is ... Server Admins forum
Ok guys I got a new error for everyone. Please chime in if you've seen this before!
Gotta love this Lotus migration we are doing. Just ran into another error that is happening when viewing the calendar on the monthly lookup:
We received this error:
uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_calendar_app(200) is not responding; process terminated
This is preventing us from viewing the calendar on the month and is not happening to every user. Has anyone ran into this issue before?
I don't know how this happened but could the moderator please delete the other two posts.
Last edited by BES Noob; 03-26-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Reason: Wanted to put note to moderator.
Try wiping the device and reactivating...could be corrupt data in the calendar causing it.
Been there done that. It doesn't work, the error comes back. Deleted user and readded same issue and even switched out devices it still does it. Any of the regular ideas most of us admins here do has already been done. If corrupt data were the case I could remove the CICAL file from the service book and resend it. This doesn't work either. This is not my first device to receive this error so all the routine stuff most people would do has already been done.
Originally Posted by markgallant
Last edited by BES Noob; 03-26-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Reason: had more to say...
How large is their mailfile and calendar? One of my co-workers says that this can be an issue when dealing with Notes.
Thats a good question because we are trying to look for a correlation in that as well and haven't been able to link anything quite yet.
Originally Posted by xOrphenochx
We have some of the most knowledgeable experts in the area of RIM devices in the world and there's not a single person that can answer this question?
I have seen 3 posts (by you) with same error (the number in parenthesis are different). How many devices is this affecting? It is more than likely a mail server issue not a blackberry issue. Have you looked into the settings on your mail server?
"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
-George Washington Carver
reload the OS on the device. I have seen this as a result of trying to open up the other carriers themes. For some reason, something gets corrupted and messes up the OS
Sorry for the long wait and indirect reply BES Noob, but apparently I can't reply to PM's until 10 posts. We have a Ex-Dir or VP, and he's got a large calendar on Exchange, was about 100mb. Normally the main issues are with activating it again with that much in there and after that it's keeping everything else working. Sorry that I don't have anymore details, I usually forget by the end of the work day.
Here's what my other BES admins found. While doing these Lotus migration we have users that already have desktop manager setup on their pc. Now because the desktop manager was already setup a while ago the settings on it were set to Outlook not Lotus Notes and this is what we believe to be the issue at this time. We have made the correction to these users and have not received any issues since. I believe this is what may have caused the calendar and the app 523 error. Its amazing how something as simply as just one setting was causing major headaches for the team that I work with! I just wanted to thank everyone for their help.
Somebody had on the BB Curve a error related with de BB messenger, the message that appear on screen is Uncaught exception: 9
Send me commenst.
deinstalling and reinstalling the calendar app on that device might help ...
Tags for this Thread