I need some help. I nuked an handheld that needs to be reassigned to someone ... Server Admins forum

cmaynard no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Nuking a Handheld

I need some help. I nuked an handheld that needs to be reassigned to someone else. How do I get the handheld software back on the BB? I have tried using the Load Handheld option on the Manager, but it says there are no defined configurations. There is no "other" software that needs to be added to the handheld - just the basic operating system.

Thanks for any help.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod

Re: Nuking a Handheld

Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it.

Uninstall all handheld OS version from off the PC.

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files (or where ever your RIM loader files are) and remove any folders from that folder. E.g. within the 'loader files' folder remove '7290-v4.0.0.198_P1.8.0.121' and any other so that it's now empty.

Now install the handheld version and when you reopen the destop manager it should load automaticly. If it dosn't then browse to the folder above and make sure the loader files folder now hand in your handheld OS install files.

You should be able to take it from here...

Good luck!