Hi all, Someone just came to me saying that her BB wasn't syncing, she talked ... Server Admins forum

Min's no está en línea Stack level 1

Not syncing the fact that a mail is open (or not)

Advertisement

Hi all,

Someone just came to me saying that her BB wasn't syncing, she talked about the fact that reading her mail she didn't see that her mail were read or not.

She reads a mail in her Groupwise client and the mail stays unopened on the BB...

Nobody changed anything on the server...

Does someone already have the same problem? Or have a solution for it?

Thank in advance

Min's

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Not syncing the fact tha a mail is open (or not)

Ups... sorry... We're on a local BES that we administrate ourselves

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Check to make sure the user's BB is set for wireless reconciliation. This option does not addect delivery of mail, but rather the status of mail: read, unread, deleted.

From the main message window -> click the wheel -> Options -> Email Reconciliation -> Choose your service. Make sure reconciliation is set to "on".

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

If she does a "reconcile now", will it update the read mail? also on the handheld, under options, email reconciliation, is the wireless reconcile turned on? I assume that when you said no one changed anything on the server that you checked to ensure that wireless reconcile was turned on?

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

I'm having the same problem and I'm on BIS. So, could you address it from both sides?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I spoke to my admin about this. He said there is a setting on the BES admin side that can correct this issue. He wasnt sure what setting though. I have messed with the Wireless Sync on the handheld, and I can only make the server show unread when I check the message on the BB, not the other way around, so Im not sure if it can be changed on the handheld to do what you need. Ill poke around some more though.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmike
    If she does a "reconcile now", will it update the read mail? also on the handheld, under options, email reconciliation, is the wireless reconcile turned on? I assume that when you said no one changed anything on the server that you checked to ensure that wireless reconcile was turned on?
    No, it won't... It only reconciles the mail but not the fact that a mail is read or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis

Check to make sure the user's BB is set for wireless reconciliation. This option does not addect delivery of mail, but rather the status of mail: read, unread, deleted.

From the main message window -> click the wheel -> Options -> Email Reconciliation -> Choose your service. Make sure reconciliation is set to "on".
    I'll try at least this...

Thanks. I'll come back if it isn't this...

Re: Not syncing the fact that a mail is open (or not)

Bad answer it was on "on" for reconciliation :cry::cry:

----

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    I spoke to my admin about this. He said there is a setting on the BES admin side that can correct this issue. He wasnt sure what setting though. I have messed with the Wireless Sync on the handheld, and I can only make the server show unread when I check the message on the BB, not the other way around, so Im not sure if it can be changed on the handheld to do what you need. Ill poke around some more though.
    Indeed a few days ago it worked perfectly. So I cannot imagine it disappeared like that...