We have just purchased a BES server (4.1) and 50 devices (8100 &8800). Since moving ... Server Admins forum

TykeUK no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2509552B

Not receiving MMS

Advertisement

We have just purchased a BES server (4.1) and 50 devices (8100 &8800). Since moving users onto these they cannot receive picture messages (but can send).
    Each account has the service activated on their accounts and could receive on their old phones.
    Our SP's technical support have been little help... has anyone come across this before?
    Thanks in advance.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Not receiving MMS

Unless you set up an IT policy prohibiting SMS then call your carrier to make sure that they're still properly provisioned with SMS. Generally, there's not much to do on the BB with SMS issues other than pull the battery.

Flidus no está en línea Stack level 2

Only thing I can think of... have you tried pressing the blackberry button while in the SMS text? it might be saved as a attachment.

PIN/ID
    2509552B

MMS and SMS are not restricted in the IT Policy. Our carrier is adamant that the service is set up on each account. It's strange as when someone sends us and MMS message no message is received at all.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Have you tried reregistering the devices (Options --> Advanced Options --> Host Routing Table, Click --> Register Now)?
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    2509552B

Hi, yes I have tried the registration option in the HRT and receive a message from BlackBerry.

oldsue no está en línea Stack level 1

What happens when they get mms? An error or a blank message? If a blank message try pressing shift L G L G and clear the event log ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

angeldaddy01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2471bab9

I have seen issues where my customers were unable to send/recieve MMS unless they had a memory card...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DaTruth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31c96188

I work for verizon wireless tech support and our 8830's have the same issue you can send but cannot recive it does not even alert you that a message was recived, there is a software update being developed to resolve it but as far as other carriers you may want to double check with them