I'm sorry for the possibly cryptic subject but that is the best way I know ... Server Admins forum

cunnij no está en línea Stack level 1

non-BES user receiving NTP messages in Inbox

Advertisement

I'm sorry for the possibly cryptic subject but that is the best way I know how to explain the problem.

Background: BES Admin for 200+ users, Exchange/Outlook 2003 environment; variety of BB handhelds.

I have a user who has never been a bb user nor has he ever been on my BES receiving NTP messages from etp.na.blackberry.net. They hit his Outlook inbox and never go away because he doesnt have a blackberry. He was sharing a machine with another user who was on my BES but we have shut the machine down and the messages continue to arrive in his inbox. I had thought maybe the user enabled desktop redirection by accident and that was causing the problem. However, I think I have ruled that out with the machine being turned off.

Any idea how to track down this problem?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Check if the Computer has Desktop Manager installed. If it does you need to uninstall and then reinstall it for BlackBerry Internet Service rather than BES or Redirector. Also you need to check the device and go in to options>advanced Options>Service Books and make sure there are no desktop service books.

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    Check if the Computer has Desktop Manager installed. If it does you need to uninstall and then reinstall it for BlackBerry Internet Service rather than BES or Redirector. Also you need to check the device and go in to options>advanced Options>Service Books and make sure there are no desktop service books.
    The user has never been a blackberry user; he does not have a blackberry but his outlook inbox receives ntp messages; that is the problem. I'm not sure which machine you're referring to or which blackberry you are referring to.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    oh the user does not have a blackberry at all. Check his pc at work the one his outlook is on and see if the Desktop manager is still installed on. There really isn't anything that should cause this but just check the machine and remove the Desktop manager incase it was installed for desktop redirector or something along those lines. Other then that I can't think of anything that would be causing them to show up on his Outlook inbox.

Keyscan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Open up the etp.dat attachment in Wordpad that is attached to the network@etp message. Look for the 8 digit hex pin number. Reference that with a PIN on the BES, and you may have your culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyscan View Post
    Open up the etp.dat attachment in Wordpad that is attached to the network@etp message. Look for the 8 digit hex pin number. Reference that with a PIN on the BES, and you may have your culprit.
    That was very helpful; thanks! We found the user that he seems to be connected to; now to break the connection!

Keyscan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cunnij View Post
    That was very helpful; thanks! We found the user that he seems to be connected to; now to break the connection!
    Glad I could help.

ZPrime no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cunnij View Post
    In Exchange, make sure that he's not getting copies of that user's messages forwarded to him. That'd be my first thought.