Hi folks, I'm seeing some mail routing issues after rebuiliding the profiles db, hope someone ... Server Admins forum

heekun no está en línea Stack level 1

No folder redirection after profiles db rebuild

Advertisement

Hi folks, I'm seeing some mail routing issues after rebuiliding the profiles db, hope someone can help. I rebuilt the user profiles db (blackberryprofiles.nsf) by stopping bes and domino, moving the old blackberryprofiles.nsf and rebooting. A new blackberryprofiles.nsf was created from a remote sql config db.

Most emails are forwarded to blackberry devices. however, it seems like emails that are first moved by a Lotus Notes rule to a folder other than the inbox are not redirected to the blackberry. The things I've checked so far:

- In the state db, the folder used for the Notes mail rule has the value of '1' for Folder Redirection.
    - The bes agent log shows '*username* was not found in any of the 1 redirected folders' for a test email that was processed by the Notes rule

I've restored the previous blackberryprofiles.nsf and rebooted, but issue is still there. however I no longer see a corresponding:

- The bes agent log shows '*username* was not found in any of the 1 redirected folders' for a test email that was processed by the Notes rule
    - Instead I see a 'returned delivered' for the test email, but still does not show on the blackberry.

BES 4.0.5.5
    Domino 6.5.3

Any thoughts?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: No folder redirection after profiles db rebuild

heekun, Welcome to Pinstack.

I can't help with the BES problem you descibe, but just wanted to welcome you and say that I'm sure someone that can help will be along. It may take a while since it's the weekend and a lot of our BES experts may not monitor the Stacks as often on the weekends as during the week. Be patient and you'll get some help.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

On your device go into messages and click the trackwheel, select Options from the menu. From Options go into "Email Settings" and press the trackwheel, select "Folder Redirection" from the menu. When the folder list appears check all the folders you want redirected to the handheld.

skip00319 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d051c6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Welcome to pinstack.

mahoward no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello Heekun,

I am experiencing the same issue after doing sourceless moves, which recreated the profile docs but w/o some of the folder redirection information apparently. I have found that provisioning the handheld from BB Manager via USB or doing a wireless activation on the handheld seems to fix the issue, however I am looking for a better way since this issue affects 350 people for me. Let me know if you discover any workarounds, I will see what I can come up with.

BTW in my case Sent Items are not being redirected, with the same message you are getting about only '1' redirected folder. Doing the normal things like selecting Sent Items in folder rediretion on the handheld, disabling/reenabling wireless sync, etc. does nothing. Everything on the handheld looks correct, it just doesnt work.

Found the answer. When recreating profile docs upon a sourceless move, the DeviceCapabilities field is not brought over. The BES task looks at the profile doc, doesn't find this field, and then assumes the device is pre-4.0 and does not redirect Sent Items (or any other subfolder redirection for that matter). Had to script a lotusscript agent to update this field (and the RedirectSelectedFolders if set to 1) and go through them one by one. What a nightmare.

Don't forget to keep a replica of the BlackBerryProfiles.nsf database (in addition to all your State db's) on your backup server, and paste in all the profile docs if you ever need to do a sourceless move, Ok?

heekun no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi Mahoward, thanks for sharing your findings. I checked a backup of my rebuilt profiles db and the DeviceCapabilities fields are blank as well. If I do this again in the future, I'll be pasting the old profile docs in to the new db like you suggested.