I have a user that is not getting the autocomplete option when he sends emails, ... Server Admins forum

mrjules75 no está en línea Stack level 1

No Autotext\Autocomplete on Blackberry 8700

Advertisement

I have a user that is not getting the autocomplete option when he sends emails, even if he has previously sent a user an email from the blackberry before. I have read that the fix for this is a OS reload. Is this the only fix for this?

mrjules75 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: No Autotext\Autocomplete on Blackberry 8700

Let me update this. I just got hold of his handheld again and I see that he is now getting the autocomplete. It is successfully pulling his Outlook contacts which it was not doing before. What he is complaining about now is that he does not get an autocomplete of email addresses he has emailed from his blackberry(similar to the autocomplete in Outlook 2003)

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

As far as I know this is by design. On my 8700 it only autocompletes email addresses that I have in my address book. I will research and post anything I find.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by wizkid1981
    As far as I know this is by design. On my 8700 it only autocompletes email addresses that I have in my address book. I will research and post anything I find.
    It is the same on my 8700. The address book is the only place it will look to autocomplete.