Hello All! I'm new to the BES world and just successfully implemented BES 4.1.4.15 on ... Server Admins forum

j23
    j23 no está en línea Stack level 1

New to BES - Having blackberry/outlook issues

Advertisement

Hello All!

I'm new to the BES world and just successfully implemented BES 4.1.4.15 on our Exchange 2003 server.

Everything seems to be in order with the exception of one user -- The user reports that while on the blackberry pearl, she moves an email from the inbox to another folder and then deletes the email in the inbox. By doing so it also deletes the email from the folder she moved it to.

Also, when she sends an email from outlook (from her pc), it shows up as sent on her blackberry, but when she tries to open the sent email on her blackberry the email is blank.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to resolve this issue? All synchronization is done wirelessy.

Thank you in advance, and hopefully in time i'll be able to contribute to this forum!

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: New to BES - Having blackberry/outlook issues

The sent item will be blank, that's the nature of the beast, As far as the first issue, Is she picking what folders she wants email pushed to her BB via Desktop Manager? Try to select what folders she wants redirected, i wouldn't suggest moving emails around, just copy them if anything.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

j23
    j23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you for the reply

She is doing two things:

From Outlook, she moves an email from the inbox to a subfolder. Once it is moved, she can see the subfolder on her blackberry but she cannot see the email.

From the BB, she moves an email from the inbox to a subfolder. The email now shows up in both the inbox and the subfolder. If she deletes the email from the inbox, it also deletes it from the subfolder.

She does not use Desktop Manager at all. Basically she would like to view the email from whatever folder she moves it to whether she is on the BB or Outlook. Is there any setting that I am missing?

As for the sent items, is there no way possible to view emails in the sent items from her blackberry?

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

She needs to have that folder redirecting to her BB in order to see any emails that are in it, BES doesn't have the feature to allow you to just open a folder and see the mails in it, hopefully with the new SP coming out, we may get that feature.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

asavage5 no está en línea Stack level 1

on the sent item thing, if you open the sent email, then go to the menu, you should be able to click 'More' from the menu and it will download the message...at least that's how it is on my Pearl

asavage5 no está en línea Stack level 1

On the other thing...from the bb while in messages, go to the options menu...General Options and change Hide Filed Messages to Yes then it won't show when she is in the Inbox

On the BES you can select the folders for redirection...it's under the Service Access Menu for the user, but I don't know if that will fix your problem...I can't get mine to show some of the emails.
    Last edited by asavage5; 11-05-2007 at 05:55 PM.