I had one of our network admins asking about IMAP for Blackberry devices and they ... Server Admins forum

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

New to IMAP, does anyone know how many IMAP accts can be setup on BB?

Advertisement

I had one of our network admins asking about IMAP for Blackberry devices and they specifically asked how many IMAP accts can be setup on a BB device. Since I have never used IMAP before I was wondering if someone can give me some insight on this. Thanks in advance for your help!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'm not that familiar with IMAP either, but with a BIS account, you are able to push up to 10 accounts to the device. Don't see any reason they couldn't all be IMAP.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I am aware of how many email addys can be on a BIS account but I can't seem to find anything online mentioning how many IMAP accts can be placed at all. I am under the same assumption you are at this time. Thanks for your help. I don't want to mislead my network guys and they haven't told me what they are trying to do either.

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca
    The blackberry can support upto 10 accounts and this can be up to 10 IMAP accounts. I don't see why there would be a limitation on IMAP since the device doesn't interact with the IMAP account directly but rather the BIS servers are the object that interacts with the individual accounts