This may be a stupid question, but for some reason I can't figure it out. ... Server Admins forum

gutterkizmet no está en línea Stack level 1

New Curve - BES issues - any ideas

Advertisement

This may be a stupid question, but for some reason I can't figure it out. Any help is appreciated!!!!!!

So I just activated my new Curve today (moving from an 8830) and I did the enterprise activation. It downloaded all my contacts, and e-mails - but starting this morning it stopped delivering my mail. I get a beep saying the mail is here, but it quickly dissapears from the device. I can send messages just fine.

Not sure if I did anything - but I changed no settings. Any ideas?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    So you are getting emails but they disappear or are you getting the mesage icon but when you open your messages there is nothing there?

I get the alert ... and see the message on my home screen (today theme) and if I click it fast enough I can read it.

When I click the messages icon to see all my sent and read mail there is nothing there since 10:24 this morning. I have sent multiple e-mails including some from the device, and received about 30-40. It is very strange.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i'd check avail memory. sounds like its dumping.

see here

Wow - I figured it out myself. Interesting issue though. Since it is a new device I just activated today - I did not notice that the date/time was set incorrectly. When I went through the initial setup I accidentally set it to use the date in the blackberry and not the network time. I did not realize this at the time, and I just figured that it would autoupdate when I hit the network.

I just fixed the date and time and it now works. All the other messages are there - they just think they were sent/received in April of 2008

Thanks for the replies

I guess I now know to tell people to check the date on the device if they have the same problem

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    lmbo!! thats funny

be sure to bookmark the memory dump thread, as you may need it later

qc_metal no está en línea Developer
    Yeah, as soon as I saw your post, I was thinking timezone/date etc. This is a strange problem to run into when you don't know what the cause is!