When a new Calendar item is created on our users BlackBerries, it does not synch ... Server Admins forum

Ethelwin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    No

New calendar items not synching from BlackBerry to Outlook

Advertisement

When a new Calendar item is created on our users BlackBerries, it does not synch to Outlook. It works fine the other way around. This is common to all users. Any ideas?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: New calendar items not synching from BlackBerry to Outlook

In the Calendar Options on your BB, do you have the Wireless Synchronization set to Yes?

PIN/ID
    No

Yes indeed, it is already set to Yes

coachthomas no está en línea Stack level 2

Just had this problem last week. The BES had a different CDO.DLL version than Exchange. I'd start there

eviljonny no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelwin
    When a new Calendar item is created on our users BlackBerries, it does not synch to Outlook. It works fine the other way around. This is common to all users. Any ideas?

Did you confirm, (In Desktop Manager/Configure PIM/Sync, that Blackberry Wireless Synch is set for the Calendar?

This happens for every user? When users were first setup were there any errors during Enterprise Activation stating that some databases did not sync?

PIN/ID
    No

Yes, it's configured to synch wirelessly in Desktop Manager. Also, there are no cdo.dll file conflicts.

There were no errors on activation. There have been a couple of glitches, which have been fixed by wiping and reativating. But, the calendar problem remains.

HaMakor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203813B3

I've just had two BES on Exchange clients complain about the same thing (no issues with my BES on Domino sites), I'm beginning to wonder whether it might be an MS Update issue that has changed a security setting and is preventing the BES account from writing back to the user's calendar. The thing is, mail etc works fine, it's just a one-way issue with the calendar entries that are being created on the handheld. If I track down the answer I'll post it back here.

PIN/ID
    203813B3

Re: New calendar items not synching from BlackBerry to Outlook -- Solution

The problem in both cases was that the Exchange server had been either service packed or patched and the BES server hadn't, so the Exchange System Manager was a different version on the two servers. The key thing being, MSAPI32.dll and CDO.dll have to be the same versions on both computers. As soon as I got System Manager to the same version on the BES server as it was on the Exchange server (I wouldn't advise trying to do it the other way around) the dll files matched and the problem was resolved.

Mathos no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello,

I have the same problem and all my cdo.dll are the same (version 6.5.7638.2) and my mapi32.dll also (6.5.7638.1) on the exchange servers and on the BES in the directories windows\system32 and program files\Exchsrvr\bin

The version is BES v4.0 (I know that is a very old version)

I try to organize a meeting from my device with my calendar. I have a red cross on my BB and 2 warnings are generated. Nothing come on the exchange server.

In the logs I find always in this case the following two errors/warnings

BlackBerry Messaging Agent BES Agent 1 (Application Event Log on BES): 05/23/2007 10:27:00 (AFFF4E20) -> {BlackBerry@YYY.YYY} Unable to process Meeting Request in SendHelper

BlackBerry Messaging Agent BES Agent 1 (Application Event Log on BES): 05/23/2007 10:27:00 (AFFF4E20) -> {BlackBerry@YYY.YYY} Send() failed: ERR_FAIL, Tag=313736

PIN/ID
    203813B3

Hi Mathos, have you checked to ensure that the security settings on Exchange are correct? Have a look at the following:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/282193-post7.html

I hope this helps.