My IT Dept can get my contacts and email to sync, but claims they can't ... Server Admins forum

psjtg5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question New to Blackberry.. IT Dept can't get calendar in Outlook to sync

Advertisement

My IT Dept can get my contacts and email to sync, but claims they can't get my calendar to sync! This can't be right can, can it? We have the blackberry enterprise server and an exchange server. Does any one else have issues syncing there calendar out of outllook?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Firstly, welcome to PinStack!

You should read through this thread to get acquainted with the forums. One thing you'll find is that it is kind of frowned upon to post the same question in multiple threads! Pick the most appropriate and stick with it. We have over 550,000 members here so someone will surely get to your question fairly quickly!

As for your calendar issue, go into Options>Advanced Options>Default Services on your device and make sure your Calendar (CICAL) is set to the same e-mail address you're trying to sync with in Outlook.

Regards,
    Roger

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    I would also have the IT dept. Send a msgs from the server to make sure there is communication. Did you have a problem Enterprise activating?
    Also check wireless sync is active on the dm and there are no msgs pending to the bb

My calendar is set to CICAL but then it says desktop with no other options available.

psjtg,

I'm not a BES expert, so am not sure what those settings should be on BES. On BIS, which is what most of us use with our personal e-mails, both CICAL and CMIME would be set to whatever e-mail address we want to sync with in Outlook.

What is the CMIME setting?

Roger

that too is set to desktop

Quote Originally Posted by psjtg5 View Post
    that too is set to desktop
    Okay, then I am out of ideas and would ask for a BES expert to chime in with suggestions at this point.

One other thought.....if you go into your calendar, then press the BB menu button and scroll to Options and select your e-mail address, is Wireless Synchronization set to No or Yes?