I'm using BlackBerry Professional with Exchange 2007, running in VMware Workstation at my home. It's ... Server Admins forum

oturn no está en línea Stack level 1

Network Routing - BlackBerry Professional

Advertisement

I'm using BlackBerry Professional with Exchange 2007, running in VMware Workstation at my home. It's working amazingly well! The ability to access my home network is a huge plus.

One thing that's not clear is how the mechanism works that provides access to my internal network (and the Internet), and how it behaves when BB Professional isn't running.

I've noticed that if BB Professional isn't running, everything that accesses the Internet on my Pearl 8130 continues to function except for Opera Mini 4.1. Why would this be happening? If BB Professional is running, does the Pearl use my internal network to access the Internet? If BB Professional isn't running, does it then automatically re-route Internet requests to my carrier?

I guess my main question is this -- how does the network routing on a BlackBerry function when using BB Professional (or BES), when the service is available, or unavailable?

tlowe no está en línea BES Pro
    Well I know with my BES and my 8830 when you are using the regular IE on your blackberry it uses your home connection now if you where to go into settings and then advanced settings and change your browser connection there it would then use your carrier connection. I am guessing that is the same thing you have to do for Opera. It seems like Opera is defaulting to your home connection and your IE is defaulting to your Cell phone carrier.