We are converting a customer from domino to exchange and we need to convert thier ... Server Admins forum

SkUbA0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240A0BB8

Need to convert from domino to exchange what do i need?

Advertisement

We are converting a customer from domino to exchange and we need to convert thier BES as well what steps do i need to take to get this done with the least amount of pain as possible?

webber no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    My company just went through this.
    While I don't know if this is the right way, it is what we did.

The installs for a Notes BES and an Exchange BES are different. So we went and built an Exchange BES, while we did this we also upgraded to 4.1.4.

In Notes, the day before we migrated them to Outlook we would Sync the Address book. (While in Lotus Notes actions/synchronize address book). We would let this catch on the back up that night then migrate them the next.

Once we confirmed they migrated to Outlook, we would wipe their BB and reactive it on the new server.

If the Synchronize step was missed, we ended up having to so use Desktop Manager to backup the address book, then wiping the BB, then loading the address book only while the wireless was off. Then finally reactivating on the new BES. (PITA)

If you only have one SRP, talk with RIM. They gave us a 90 day SRP to use on the Notes BES and we installed the new BES with our SRP. You can only have an SRP on 1 running server at a time.
    -Webber

‹_› ‹(•¿•)› ‹_›