Hi ALL: I don't know if or not possible to setup multiple mail accounts on ... Server Admins forum

colorlight no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2045D583

Thumbs up Multiple mail accounts on the blackberry device

Advertisement

Hi ALL:

I don't know if or not possible to setup multiple mail accounts on single blackberry device ?
    If prossble , how to do it ?

Thanks very much

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

Re: Multiple mail accounts on the blackberry device

You can setup multiple accounts yes but it depends on what way you mean.

You can only setup 1 email account in an Exchange environment via a BES Server and then other personal email accounts or web based accounts can be setup via a BIS account.

colorlight no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2045D583

Hi Wizkid1981:
    There will have other way to setup multiple accounts except what you told me ?
    Really need a blackberry Internet server ?
    Any help

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

Sorry my apologies for the confusion.

The BlackBerry Internet Server is a service provided by the carrier itself. You just setup an account with them, then you can log in via the web and add whatever email addresses you wish to that account.

Hope this better explains!!

Sp@d3r no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251ACEE8

Hi, with BIS 2.0 you can have upto 10 email accounts, eg. gmail, hotmail, yahoo, even an outlook account if the exchange is configured for OWA. Additionally with BIS 2.0 if blackberry as agreements with them, such as gmail then when you delete mails from the device it'll also delete from the mailbox.

A device can also be setup on two BES accounts, except that it can only do wireless syncronsation of the calendar, tasks and contacts with one of the BES accounts, so you need to decide which one of the BES accounts you want to do wireless syncronistion.

At present I receive my own domain mail via BES to and my company mail via a BES. I use the company mail as primary BES account with the wireless synconisation of calendar and contacts. My own domain mail reconciles wirelessly which is a great function still. Finally I have my gmail and hotmail accounts via the BIS 2.0 mailbox.

To sum up I can receive mail, to my Blackberry, from all these different email addresses, as well as when I reply they go via the email they were sent, so work mails go via the work BES, personal domain mail via the personal BES and gmail from gmail... I think you get the picture.

Lastly I'm not sure if many people are aware, but you are able to download a single license BES from BlackBerry for free.

I'll now get off my soap box.

morrison23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Sp@d3r
    At present I receive my own domain mail via BES to and my company mail via a BES.
    If you don't mind my asking... How do you add the second BES account to a blackberry device? I had no idea you could do that...

marker27 no está en línea Stack level 1

hmm will it be possible to have two exchange accounts on one device when running BES?

Cheers,
    Ronni

slundy no está en línea Stack level 2

where's this magical place that has these 'free' licenses? We have over 1500 users and each one had to purchase a license (or rather their business unit did). If there is something out there that's free then we're getting ripped off...

As far as I know, you can only have one account per device, I still haven't figured out a way to do more than that....anyone else? (who would want to only do wireless with one account I don't know, I would think that'd be the point of having a mobile device, so you're not strapped to a desk somewhere so you can sync one of the other accounts)